Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving Fun

I thought I would insert some holiday photos in between my love notes. We had a very fun and very busy Thanksgiving break. We ran in the Human Race again this year which is the 5K they do in Draper. We have been doing it now for 4 years. We did it the first year they had it and there were maybe a hundred or so people. This year there were thousands. It was packed. We still had lots of fun.

It was really cold to start out with, but warmed up as the sun came out. Zac got all bundled up and my parents walked with him while Jon and I ran.

We had dinner with Jon's family. Zac posed with his uncle Ryan by the fireplace. How holidayish.
My sister has taken over making cake pops. She came up with the idea to make turkey ones. They turned out so cute!
The next morning my sisters and I braved the stores early in the morning. I don't think I would ever so this alone, but we have lots of fun going together (right Kris- remember how fun it was checking out at Shopko:)) . I really did find some great deals. On Saturday we did crafts together with my mom and sisters. It's so nice to know such creative people.

Can't show everything- it is Christmas time you know.
Last Friday Jon and I finally got around to putting up the tree (not Jon's favorite activity).
But it was so worth it. Zac was in absolute joyfulness (my grammar is awesome!). We turned out all the other lights and turned on the Christmas lights and he just started clapping and cheering and saying "lights, so pretty". He had to get as close as he could to the tree- he slid his little legs under till he was nose to nose with the lights. He just kept clapping he was so excited.


I so love this time of year. It makes it even more fun that Zac is enjoying it this year as well. We hope all of you are having fun too.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thinking of Kristen at Shopko still slays me...THANK YOU for reminding me of that little piece of joy! Great morning. Good times.

Kristen said...

I don't remember going to Shopko--What are you two talking about?!?!