Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 11

Jon is an amazing dad! I know I am biased, but I think he is better than most. He started out having to be super dad when right after I had Zac I had my spinal headaches and he had to completely care for him and take care of me for several days. Because I teach, Jon has worked his schedule out to be able to be with Zac a lot during the day. Zac adores his dad. Jon is always teaching him new things- funny phrases (most rescent: gadzooks), how to cheer appropriatly for the sports team of your choice, how important technology is- phones, mamotes, compooters, ipods. He has taught him to laugh and be silly and crazy, but he also is the one to remind him to say his prayers. Everynight, Jon gets Zac ready for bed and they read stories together. He does great voices for Grover. Jon takes care of all the medical issues we have with Zac and both hospital visits has been calm and perfect while I freak out. It's really nice to be able to trust someone else with this kind of care. He has taught Zac to not be afraid to try new things and be adventerous. And one of my favorite things that Jon teaches Zac is to be respectful to me. He doesn't let Zac get away with anything if it is disrepectful to me. I love that he is teaching his son from the beginning the same value for women and mothers that Jon has.
I couldn't have asked for a better father to my children. I am excited that I have such a great partner in the greatest responsibility and the greatest joy in our lives. There have been so many times when I am frustrated as a parent and Jon comes in and takes over and I think about how impossible it would be to be a single parent. I am grateful that I don't only just have someone working with me, I lucked out with the best!

No comments: