Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 22

First, let me say how much I appreciate everyone being so willing to add their thoughts to mine. We have amazing families!
I love that Jon is a spiritual leader in our home. I have been blessed to be a part of different parts of Jon's spirituality. It was incredible to get to know that side of him through his letters on his mission. Jon was an amazing missionary. Going on a mission wasn't a decision he took lightly. He made the decision to go and his whole heart went into the work and the love of the people in Mexico. I miss the relationship we were able to have through letters. It is easier to share this side of me in writing than in person and it was good to be able to share our thoughts and testimonies with each other so often. It's something we don't do in the same way and I miss getting to read about his relationship with his Heavenly Father as much as I did.
I love that Jon and I were married in the temple. I love that we make it a goal to go there often and that he is worthy to be there. So many people don't have the blessing of sitting in the temple next to the person they are madly in love with and know that they get to be with that person forever. This is a blessing I do not take lightly.
I love that Jon is a worthy priesthood holder. There have been many times when Zac or I have needed a blessing and Jon was able to give them. I love having the priesthood in our home.
I love that Jon works on his spirituality- he reads his scriptures and other books. He is good to make sure that we remember to say our prayers. He teaches Zac to pray. He is good example to me. He makes me want to be better.

No comments: